Down in Kitty's Bassment

A flag-wavin', Earth-lovin', independent Pagan-in-a-giant-red-cornfield point of view. Believe it or not, there are some open minds in Nebraska. Oh, and I love NFL football too.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

US returns to sanity

CNN just predicted that the total abortion ban in SD will fail. Maybe SD is strongly pro-life, but I have a feeling that most of those farmers and ranchers either thought a) if my beloved daughter is a victim of rape, she ought to have a choice in whether to have the baby or b) it's none of the government's damn business what people do in their personal sexual lives.

Which leads to the other tidbit of refreshing news: Rick Santorum will have to find a new job. My husband can confirm that I did a Snoopy Dance of Great and Profound Joy when I heard this. Then some of the people on CNN began eulogizing his reign of ignorance and abuse. Great man, loved the AIDS victims in Africa, blah blah blah. (I yelled at the TV during this.) But remember folks, this is a man who thinks that loving a member of the same sex is exactly the same as screwing a barnyard animal. And many many other things, with which I won't dirty up my blog. Click here if you want to read it.

And most importantly, the Constitution will work as designed, with the legislative branch checking the executive. Republican or Democrat (or Independent like me), I think everyone* can agree that this is a GIANT step forward.

*Everyone except George Bush, Dick Cheney, Dennis Hastert, Karl Rove, Donald Rumsfeld, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home