Down in Kitty's Bassment

A flag-wavin', Earth-lovin', independent Pagan-in-a-giant-red-cornfield point of view. Believe it or not, there are some open minds in Nebraska. Oh, and I love NFL football too.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Some Pet Peeves

I am a 99% extremely tolerant person, but there are a few things in this world even I cannot stand. These are my "pet peeves" (who came up with that term, anyway?)

1. People who shit in public restrooms. What about entering a store makes you immediately feel the need to take a dump? Do you not realize that other people have to use the same restroom? Maybe even the employees? I have to walk past the restrooms to go to the breakroom and eat my lunch, and lemme tell you that whatever crawled out of your ass and into the hall does NOT make that task easy. If ya gotta dump, that means it's time to leave the store. I WORK there and I can hold it for a few hours until I can go home! GEEZ!

2. People who cannot read speed limit signs. If the sign says 40, and I am doing 40, you have no right to whip past me doing 60 with your left middle finger out the window and your right hand clutching your cell phone to your ear. (How do you drive like this?)

3. People who impose their brand of morality on everyone else. If you don't like something a store sells, don't buy it. Also, don't put other things in front of it, hide it behind a shelf, or turn it around. (Can you guess how many times in Nebraska we had to flip the Bill Clinton bio back to its rightful, face out position?) Or how many days in a row I've had to remove Midwest Living from in front of Heavy Metal this week? You can complain to the manager, if you like. But it won't help. I like our Constitution.

4. People who blame others for their problems. Reading Harry Potter books turned someone's kid into a witch, which took a lot of expensive counseling to fix and made the parents look bad to their buddies at church. Reeeeeally? Mark Foley was allegedly molested by a clergyperson as a teen. So? Some guy dreamed of molesting kids so he shoots a bunch of Amish girls. HUH? No one is powerless. Do your homework, make your decisions, and then accept and own the consequences, good or bad. And don't hurt other people because you can't stand yourself anymore.

I am sure there are more. There have to be. But as it's late, and #1 was the big one (or or the big #2, as it seems to be) I'll quite griping about humanity now and let you sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home