Down in Kitty's Bassment

A flag-wavin', Earth-lovin', independent Pagan-in-a-giant-red-cornfield point of view. Believe it or not, there are some open minds in Nebraska. Oh, and I love NFL football too.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Critters of Habit

Humans are critters of habit. Take me, for example. My life was as predictable as it could be and I loved it that way. I woke up, watched Good Morning America, and went to work on the appropriate days. Then I came home at 4:43, let the dog out, did one quick Neopets thing, and watched the channel 8 news. This was followed by the ABC news and, if I was feeling froggy, the channel 8 news again. This was followed by my DVR-d episodes of "The Young and the Restless" and "The Bold and the Beautiful" recorded earlier that very same day. Then it was on to CNN for Larry King and Anderson Cooper, unless it was a football night (Thursday, Friday, Sunday or Monday). Then I'd go to bed and watch Larry King, Anderson Cooper or ESPN until I fell asleep, having set my sleep timer for 2 hours.

I now have a roommate, whose habits are quite different and apparantly taking precedence over mine. First of all, she does not watch the correct news station. She's hooked on NBC for some reason. I have had no reason at all to watch anything on NBC until just this fall when ABC made the most gigantic mistake of dumping Monday Night Football and John Madden and Al Michaels had to move over to NBC. Before that I think it's been at least 10 years since I had watched NBC at all. In fact, I think Cheers was the last show I liked on NBC.

I didn't know until this last month that there were still game shows on TV. I knew "The Price is Right" was still on because a) it's on right before Y&R and b) Bob Barker is immortal. But I figured that all those other game shows had run their course. Not true. In fact today I found three game shows on my TV: "Jeopardy!" (I guess Alex Trebek is also immortal), "Wheel of Fortune" (so is Pat Sajak), and that one show that Regis used to do 9 nights a week with the final answer thing (which is now hosted by a woman. In fact "Jeopardy!" is on every flippin' day when I get home. You know, before this month it had been probably 10 or 12 years since I had seen "Jeopardy!". I could happily live another 12 years before I watch it again. Betcha I don't get that lucky.

And finally I watched 6 episodes of Y&R this morning. I'm not caught up to this weeks episodes, but I am getting closer. I also have about 6 or 10 episodes of B&B recorded. Since I cannot watch them every night any more, I have to have these marathon viewing sessions. So DO NOT tell me what happened today in the comments section.

I never thought that at my age I would have anything in common with the college kids with whom I work. But I do. I'm learning to live around a roommate. I missed out on that in college. I guess it's karma coming back around to bite me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home