Down in Kitty's Bassment

A flag-wavin', Earth-lovin', independent Pagan-in-a-giant-red-cornfield point of view. Believe it or not, there are some open minds in Nebraska. Oh, and I love NFL football too.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

New Years Resolutions 2006

We all hate making New Years Resolutions because they never stick more than a few weeks. I generally don't bother because I know I am not the sort of person to keep my promises to myself (though very loyal to everyone else).

I decided this year to be different. It has (obviously) talen me ten days to get to this point. I spent that time trying to feel out what I would be motivated to do this year. I've come up with a few things:

1. I'm 32. It's time to start taking a little better care of myself. I got a pedometer and a George Foreman grill for Christmas (which by the way is the most AWESOME kitchen invention after the microwave). I started using the pedometer just to see how busy I really am at work (17000 steps a day busy). So I will log 80000 steps a week if I make an effort to move on my days off. I am also using that nice anti-wrinkly stuff on my face and trying not to sleep in my makeup anymore. I will also practice my yoga twice a week. Target weight: 125.

2. I will get halfway serious about my writing. I will blog at least three times a week (sorry folks) and write at least one page of my great American novel 5 days a week (aiming for 8 pages a week total). Once a month I will "assign" myself a freelance article to research and write (probably not for potential publication). I think in twenty years it will be interesting to go back and read that stuff.

3. I will lessen the amount of crap in my house. A monthly trip to Goodwill and the recycler will help with that. I will also set up a more routine schedule for housework with Flylady's help. (www.flylady.net)

4. I won't start any artsy project I do not plan to finish within a month.

5. I will get to 10 million neopoints (yeah I am addicted to a computer game based on the premise of taking care of imaginary pets.)

Todays weight BTW: 152

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home