Down in Kitty's Bassment

A flag-wavin', Earth-lovin', independent Pagan-in-a-giant-red-cornfield point of view. Believe it or not, there are some open minds in Nebraska. Oh, and I love NFL football too.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Thanksgiving?

I'm in a quandry about what to do for Thanksgiving. Since my kids will be with their dad's family and since I am a rabid football junkie, my original plan was to get up and watch the parade, make a bunch of football-appropriate snacks, and watch football all day with my husband. Easy and fun, right?

Then I see all these magazines at work like Sunset, Bon Appetit, etc. Each one has a cover of a perfectly roasted succulent turkey with all the trimmings and I think, "Man, I want turkey (and it will be on sale!)" I've done the big traditional thanksgiving with the turkey and from past experience I know that a) I miss most of the parade because I am in and out of the kitchen and b) most turkeys are too large for two people to eat in a reasonable amount of time. My mom is back in the state so I could have her over, and my dad is only a few blocks away so he could come too. But is it really worth it? Dad has had the right idea for the past several years and taken us to a restaurant for dinner, but I really hate making all those cooks and waiters spend their day away from their families.

So what do I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home